197 Buckler’s Park Community Hub and Facilities
To seek approval for the transfer of the Buckler’s Park Community Hub and facilities to the Council and consider the options for the management of these facilities.
RECOMMENDED that the Executive Member of Culture, Delivery and Public Protection agrees that:
1. the council takes the freehold from CALA in a single transfer on 1 April 2022 (or soon thereafter) in accordance with S106 of the Buckler’s Park community hub with the adjacent courts, the associated car parking, allotments and landscaping (excluding SuDs and Orchard) within the site area as at Appendix 2.
2. management arrangements for the community hub, including courts, car parking, associated landscaping and allotments to be overseen by the Council’s Community Engagement and Parks and Countryside teams, through running a procurement exercise to find an operator.
3. a one-off contribution to be allocated for incentivising an operator of the facility towards their start-up cost plus a contribution for other ancillary BFC set up costs, as detailed in paragraph 5.31.
4. to engage with Crowthorne Parish Council (CPC) on the basis that the borough council could provide them with the one-off contribution (as noted in paragraph 2.1.3) to operate the new community hub via a medium to long term lease. CPC would be requested to make their decision within an eight-week period from the Executive decision date. If CPC decline taking on the management of the community hub the procurement exercise to find an operator will commence.
5. the due diligence for the property transfer and the operational arrangements stated above (paragraph 2.1.2) are delegated to the Executive Director: Place, Planning & Regeneration and Assistant Director: Chief Executive’s Office, respectively in consultation with the Lead Member for Culture, Delivery and Public Protection.