Decision Maker: Executive
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Current Home to School framework expires in
Sept 2020 and new framework using a dynamic purchasing system needs
to be procured
I. the Procurement Plan is approved.
II. the use of a Dynamic Purchasing System (DPS) to tender for individual
routes is approved.
1. It is a requirement of the Contract Standing orders that the Executive approve any Procurement Plan with a value in excess of £1,000,000. This decision seeks approval for the procurement process.
2. Central Government has recognised issues relating to frameworks and has
introduced a better DPS to allow additional suppliers to join the agreement and increase competition throughout the term.
3. The business case for moving to a DPS from current framework arrangement is that the DPS will allow us to better ensure diversity of supply, resilience locally and best price at point of purchase.
1. Pre-existing frameworks were considered but there are currently none available for these types of service.
2. Stay with existing contractual arrangement through BFC’s own framework
agreement; however, a DPS allows more flexibility throughout its term and the ability for new suppliers to come on board.
3. Use a 3rd party commissioning service such as adam HTT Ltd. This was investigated but the proposal from adam introduced a further expensive layer that the Council cannot afford at present and did not provide enough benefit over a self-delivered DPS.
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Financial Impact: To be set out within report
Subject to Urgent Proceedings: No
Making Representations: In writing to the Executive Director: Delivery
Other reasons / organisations consulted
Contact: Matt Howlett, Transport & Support Manager Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01344 355157.
Report author: Matt Howlett
Publication date: 22/10/2019
Date of decision: 22/10/2019
Decided at meeting: 22/10/2019 - Executive
Effective from: 30/10/2019