The Executive Member for Transformation and Finance is responsible for the following functions, to the extent that they comprise Executive Functions:
1. The formulation of the Council’s annual revenue budget, and its implementation following its approval by Council.
2. The formulation of the Council’s annual capital budget, and its implementation following its approval by Council.
3. The maximisation of the assets and revenue of the Council via contributions from external sources as a result of planning consents and agreements.
4. Financial (including investment and insurance) management, and management of the Council’s balances.
5. To act as lead Member in relation to risk management.
6. Capital Projects valued in excess of £1m.
7. The realisation of capital resources.
8. The management of all property and land owned by the Council other than that which is used as operational property for functions which are allocated to another Executive Member.
9. Strategic and planned maintenance of all Council properties other than schools.
10. The provision of, maintenance and management of the Council’s central fleet of vehicles and mechanical equipment and plant.
11. Overall performance and effective operation of the Resources Department (Corporate Property, Financial Services and Human Resources).
12. Transformation of services across the council’s activities, by the examination of opportunities for partnerships, commissioning and sharing services.
13. To represent the Council on, and to liaise with, external organisations delivering services directly impacting on or related to the portfolio for which the Executive Member is responsible.