To receive the Leader’s report on the work of the Executive since the Council meeting held on 28 February 2020.
Council is asked to resolve a recommendation in respect of:
· Community Safety Partnership (CSP) Plan 2020-23
The Executive will be meeting on 14 July 2020, if any matters arise at that meeting which require a decision by Council, a supplementary report will be circulated.
The Leader of the Council, Councillor Bettison, presented his report on the work of the Executive since that reported at the Council meeting on 26 February 2020. The Executive had met five times on 10 March 2020, 28 April 2020, 15 June 2020, 30 June 2020 and 14 July 2020.
The report contained recommendations that the Council was asked to resolve in respect of the following matters:
• Community Safety Plan 2020-23: This was a Partnership plan drawing together Bracknell Forest Council Police and Crime Commissioner and Thames Valley Police priorities and issues. The consultation had received 497 responses with 93% of respondents agreeing with priorities
• Central and East Berks Joint Minerals and Waste Plan: This had been prepared with Wokingham, Reading and Windsor & Maidenhead to cover the Central Berkshire area and would run until 2036. There were no new sites within Bracknell Forest. Six week statutory consultation period would run from 3 September to 15 October
• Revenue Outturn 2019/20: The planned spend was £74.969m and the actual spend was £74. 323 so this was the 22nd year of spending within budget
• Selection of Joint Venture Partner: The Preferred bidder had been appointed and was an important step in facilitating the development of major town centre sites including: Market Street, Coopers Hill and Jubilee Gardens
The Leader highlighted the following matters that had been considered:
Other Major Decisions [Non Covid]
· Highways' and Transport capital programme agreed
· Service Plans 2020/21 agreed
· Emergency Duty Service Contract agreed which was covered essential pan Berkshire out of hours services and had been hosted by Bracknell Forest Council since 1998
· Relocation of EDS/Forestcare to Waterside Park
Other Major Decisions [Covid related]
· Support for Everyone Active as part of overall strategy to ensure there was capacity to re-open services
· Outbreak Management Plan had been signed off by Department for Public Health and CEO and endorsed by Executive. This formed part of East Berkshire Health Protection Board arrangements. The new Local Outbreak Engagement Board would be chaired by Councillor Brunel-Walker.
· Residents Covid-19 Impact Survey was agreed as a telephone survey
· Greening Waste Collection implementation of weekly food and three weekly general waste collection delayed until 1 March 2021 and Autumn 2021 for Houses of multiple occupation and flats. This would allow for further post covid-19 engagement with residents.
Major National Issues and the Bracknell Forest Response
· Personal Protection Equipment: to respond to major national shortage in first few weeks a local team was established to manage supplies with more than 30 providers assisted so far
· Shielding: Of the 4,137 total number of residents advised to shield 2,528 had contacted the national helpline.
· Support to Businesses: Three different national grant schemes were being administered locally and more than £10m had been paid out in approximately 800 grants
· First 2: Common criteria: £25k or £10k
· Businesses which as at 11 March 2020 were paying NNDR
· Retail, hospitality and leisure grant
· Discretionary Grants
· focussing on smaller businesses not paying NNDR
· Test and trace – links to Outbreak Control Plans
· Care home resilience plans had appeared in national good practice guides
No questions were raised on the report.
Community Safety Partnership (CSP) Plan 2020-23
On the proposition of Councillor Harrison, Executive Member for Culture, Delivery and Public Protection, seconded by Councillor Virgo it was
RESOLVED that the Community Safety Partnership (CSP) Plan 2020-23 be approved and adopted.
Central and Eastern Berkshire Joint Minerals and Waste Local Plan
On the proposition of Councillor Turrell, Executive Member for Planning and Transport, seconded by Councillor Mrs Hayes OBE it was
RESOLVED that the Proposed Submission Central and Eastern Berkshire Joint Minerals and Waste Plan, the Policies Map and all supporting documents be approved to be formally submitted to the Secretary of State for independent examination and that the appointed Inspector be requested to recommend main modifications to the submitted Plan, in the event that the Inspector considers that such modifications ate necessary to make the Plan sound.
Revenue Expenditure Outturn 2019/20
On the proposition of Councillor Heydon, Executive Member for Transformation and Finance seconded by Councillor Allen it was
i) the virements over £0.100m as detailed in Annexe E, within the attached Appendix 2 of the supplementary report, be approved; and
ii) the Treasury Management performance in 2019/20 as set out in Annexe B, within the attached Appendix 2 of the supplementary report, be noted.
Contract Award of a Joint Venture Partner for the Development of Multiple Sites in Bracknell Forest
On the proposition of Councillor Heydon, Executive Member for Transformation and Finance seconded by Councillor Brunel-Walker it was
RESOLVED that funding be made available as required to support the Council’s 50% investment in the joint venture, with requirements for individual site development to be agreed as part of the Executive and Council’s consideration of the initial Joint Venture business plan later this year.