To approve as a correct record the minutes of the meeting held on 24 October 2019
The minutes of the meeting held on 24 October 2019 were approved as a correct record.
Arising from the minutes, the following updates were noted:
· Officers had made contact with Royal Military Academy Sandhurst to discuss the use of CCTV in private hire and hackney carriage vehicles on base.
· Bracknell town centre management had been invited to the next trade meeting on 26 February 2020.
· No further feedback had been received from the trade around fare rises.
· Officers had offered support to the trade around carrying disabled customers.
· No further updates had been received from the trade regarding the misuse of the taxi rank at Waitrose in the Lexicon.
· A list of wheelchair accessible hackney carriage vehicles was already available on the Council website. The numbers of other registered vehicles would be available in future, after a development to the IT system.
· The Committee discussed measures to be taken in future to encourage the use of electric and hybrid taxis to support the Council’s pledge to be carbon neutral by 2050. It was also noted that the Government had set 2035 as the deadline to buy new petrol and diesel cars. Officers agreed to bring a report with proposals to the next meeting.