Decision Maker: Executive
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To recommend to Council the annual budget.
RECOMMENDED to Council that:
1. The General Fund Capital Programme of £14.987m for 2023/24 in respect of
those schemes listed in Annexes A – D of the Executive Director: Resources report, of which £6.621m be funded from Council resources.
2. They approve the inclusion of £8.366m of expenditure to be externally funded
(including £2.930m of S106 funding) as outlined in paragraph 5.19 of the Executive Director: Resources report.
3. Those schemes that attract external grant funding are included within the Capital Programme at the level of funding received.
4. They Agree that capital schemes that require external funding can only
proceed once the Council is certain of receiving the grant.
5. The inclusion of an additional budget of £1m for Invest to Save schemes.
The reasons for the recommendations are set out in the report.
The alternative options are considered in the report.
Reason Key: Expenditure >£400,000 & Affects more than 1 ward.;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Financial Impact: Council's annual budget
Subject to Urgent Proceedings: No
Making Representations: In writing to the Executive Director of Resources
Other reasons / organisations consulted
Targeted consultation exercises will be
undertaken with business rate payers, the Over 50's Forum, the
Schools Forum, Parish Councils and voluntary organisations. In
addition, this report and all the supporting information will be
publicly available to any individual or group who wish to comment
on any proposal included within it. Internal consultation is via
officers, members and more specifically the Overview and Scrutiny
Commission and its panels.
Business rate payers, the Over 50s Forum, the
Schools Forum, Parish Councils and voluntary
Contact: Calvin Orr, Head of Finance & Business Services Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01344 352125.
Report author: Calvin Orr
Publication date: 07/02/2023
Date of decision: 07/02/2023
Decided at meeting: 07/02/2023 - Executive
Effective from: 15/02/2023