Decision Maker: Executive Member for Adult Services, Health and Housing
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To approve the DA Refuge and Outreach Service
2022 award decision
i. That a contract for the Service, commencing on 1 September 2022 is awarded to Tenderer A, for an initial period of three years, with the option of two further two-year extensions to a maximum of seven years (3+2+2 years) subject to satisfactory performance.
ii. That the additional expenditure of £25,213 by the Council required for this service is approved. The Strategic Procurement Plan for this service projected that the cost of this contract over 7 years would be “an estimated value of £650,000”. The successful bid was for £675,213 over 7 years (including uplifts) which is £25,213 over £650,000
1. To complete the procurement process for a provider of Domestic Abuse Refuge and Outreach Services.
2. The anticipated benefits delivered through awarding the contract to Tenderer
· Ensuring continuing compliance with legislation and statutory duties
· Providing sufficient capacity in line with the benchmark number of refuge places of one per 10,000 of the population, as advised by Women’s Aid nationally, as part of a wider range of housing options for those fleeing domestic abuse
· Ensuring good quality and value for money domestic abuse services which focus on meeting the needs of domestic abuse victims and their children and achieving positive outcomes.
Do nothing: Current contractual obligations will lapse, there would be no adequate provision to meet our statutory duties and domestic abuse victims and their children’s access to refuge and outreach services would be reduced.
Reason Key: Expenditure >£400,000 & Affects more than 1 ward.;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Financial Impact: It is estimated that the value of this 5-year contract will be approximately £457,236 with a further £187,272 for the optional extension for 2 years. Total expenditure would therefore be £644,508 over years
Subject to Urgent Proceedings: No
Making Representations: In writing to the Executive Director: People
Contact: Mark Barratt, Interim Assistant Director: Early Help and Communities Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01344 351447, Thom Wilson, Assistant Director: Commissioning Email: email@example.com Tel: 01344 354142.
Publication date: 11/07/2022
Date of decision: 11/07/2022
Effective from: 20/07/2022