Decision Maker: Executive Member for Adult Services, Health and Housing
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To approve the strategic procurement plan for
an all age advocacy service.
RECOMMENDED that the Executive Member for Children, Young People and Learning the Executive approve the Strategic Procurement Plan for procuring a provider for all age advocacy for Bracknell Forest residents.
i. The Care Act 2014 and The Children and Families Act 2014 place a duty on local authorities to provide access for residents of each local authority area to advocacy support to ensure each person’s voice is heard in relation to their care and support. For Bracknell Forest this is through an adult advocacy contract, with spot purchases for children and young people (CYP) on an ‘as needed’ basis. The adult advocacy contract is being extended until 30 September 2022.
ii. In line with BFC’s People directorate, an all age advocacy provision will allow for streamlined advocacy support for CYP as they approach adulthood, avoiding the need for change at a challenging time of their life.
iii. The procurement will ensure:
· Compliance with the Council’s Contract Standing Orders, in accordance with the Public Contract Regulations 2015.
· The Council meets its Statutory Duties under The Care Act 2014 and The Children and Families Act 2014, which set out clear expectations for local authorities, including:
· ensuring that people are able to access advocacy support to help them have their voice heard in decisions about their care and support
· ensuring care and support decisions are reached that align with individuals’ wishes
· ensuring appropriate oversight of provision and the accountability of the provider
As detailed in the Strategic Procurement Plan
Reason Key: Affects more than 1 ward;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Financial Impact: Unknown until tenders have been submitted
Subject to Urgent Proceedings: No
Making Representations: In writing to the Executive Director: People
Other reasons / organisations consulted
The Commissioning team will consult with key
stakeholders through a variety of communication channels:
telephone, meetings, feedback requests
Adults Operational Teams
Children’s Operational Teams
Other local authorities
Contact: Thom Wilson, Assistant Director: Commissioning Email: email@example.com Tel: 01344 354142.
Report author: Thom Wilson
Publication date: 16/11/2021
Date of decision: 16/11/2021
Decided at meeting: 16/11/2021 - Executive
Effective from: 25/11/2021