Decision Maker: Executive Member for the Environment
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To consider the recommendations of the review
into the provision of Food Waste disposal in Flats and Houses of
Multiple Occupation (HMO)
RECOMMENED to the Executive Member for the Environment to consider whether to agree the Environment and Communities Overview & Scrutiny Panel’s recommendations as set out in the Panel report (attached as Appendix A) and paragraph 5.5, taking into account the comments of the Statutory Scrutiny Officer.
1. It is the role of the SSO to advise the Council on any issues or concerns that may arise about the operation of the scrutiny function and the SSO may on occasion be required to make a determination about what the law says and how this should be applied to any particular situation. In carrying out this statutory role, there is a need to have a nuanced and meaningful understanding of the scrutiny function in order to accurately make judgments about its operation when disagreements or other issues arise.
2. The SSO is responsible for ensuring that the scrutiny function is adequately resourced and that service departments are contributing sufficiently to reviews to ensure that they are effective.
3. The SSO is also responsible for providing advice to the Commission and Executive on whether the recommendations within review reports are robust, taking account of resource, legal, climate change, equalities and strategic risk implications.
The Executive could decide:
• to agree both recommendations as set out in the Panel’s report
• to agree the recommendations in part
• to ask for further work to be undertaken recognising that this would delay the Panel’s next piece of work
• to note the Panel report
Reason Key: Affects more than 1 ward;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Financial Impact: Resources required to undertake recommendations will either be a) confirmed as remaining within existing approved budgets b) be fully costed or c) identified as requiring a feasibility study to be completed.
Subject to Urgent Proceedings: No
Making Representations: In writing to the Executive Director: Delivery
Other reasons / organisations consulted
Meetings and interviews
Industry experts, key partners, property
owners and managing agents.
Contact: Emma Young, Democratic and Registration Services Officer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01344 352269.
Report author: Emma Young
Publication date: 23/09/2021
Date of decision: 21/09/2021
Decided at meeting: 21/09/2021 - Executive
Effective from: 01/10/2021