Decision Maker: Executive Member for Culture, Delivery and Public Protection
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To approve the mid-term review conducted of
the second Bracknell Forest Rights of Way Improvement Plan
That the mid-term review of Rights of Way Improvement Plan (RoWIP2) is approved.
i. RoWIP2 mid-term review is an important document that:
• reviews significant changes in legislation and policy relating to rights of way.
• gives an overview of the current operations of the Bracknell Forest Local Countryside Access Forum (LCAF).
• provides an overview of progress made with delivering RoWIP2 actions, and
prioritises remaining actions.
• shares success stories of how local rights of way has been improved.
• recommends further improvements to the borough’s rights of way and open spaces network.
• See Summary of the RoWIP2 Mid-term review findings in Appendix A.
ii. Formally approving this review document means it can be shared online with
Bracknell Forest residents and stakeholders.
iii. The excellent work completed over the past five years can be celebrated and those who have contributed to the success can be acknowledged.
iv. This intermediary review will make the formal 10-year review much easier to
The alternative option is to not formally approve the plan review. This would miss an opportunity to provide a copy of the review online and promote the good work being done to improve accessibility of the Bracknell Forest rights of way network.
Reason Key: Affects more than 1 ward;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Financial Impact: None
Subject to Urgent Proceedings: No
Making Representations: In writing to the Executive Director: Place, Planning and Regeneration
Other reasons / organisations consulted
Raised at Local Countryside Access Forum
(LCAF) meetings and sent draft document by email for
BFC Highways and Transport and Bracknell
Contact: Stephen Chown, Head of Natural Estates Email: email@example.com Tel: 01344 351226.
Publication date: 20/01/2023
Date of decision: 20/01/2023
Effective from: 28/01/2023