Decision Maker: Executive
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To consider the recommendations of the review into mental health. The review seeks to understand how clients access primary care and community sector providers and address any barriers to accessing these services.
i. the Executive notes the recommendations made to the Health and
ii. the Executive Member for Adult Services, Health and Housing invites the Chair of the Health and Care O&S Panel to present the mental health review report to the Health and Wellbeing Board on 7 June 2022.
iii. the Executive notes the recommendations made to Frimley Clinical
iv. the Executive Member for Adult Services, Health and Housing works with primary care and voluntary sector providers to increase the opportunity for mental health services to be present in community spaces. By December 2022, subject to the prevailing COVID approach.
1. The Health and Care Overview and Scrutiny Panel concluded their findings based on the evidence considered and review that was undertaken. The review report is attached as Appendix A.
2. The Overview and Scrutiny Commission has endorsed the review recommendations, taking into account the review report and the views of the Statutory Scrutiny Officer.
3. The Statutory Scrutiny Officer concluded that this review activity had adequate resources and that mental health partners contributed effectively to the review.
4. The comments from the relevant officers and partners set out in paragraphs 7 – 9 of his report do not indicate any concerns with the proposed recommendations.
The Executive could decide:
· to agree the recommendations as set out in the Panel’s report
· to agree the recommendation in part
· to ask for further work to be undertaken recognising that this would delay the
· Panel’s next piece of work
· to note the Panel report
Reason Key: Affects more than 1 ward;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Financial Impact: The review seeks to engage and influence local health partners for the benefit of residents. It is not anticipated there will be any financial implications for Bracknell Forest Council arising from the recommendations. However, any council resources that may be required to undertake recommendations will either be a) confirmed as remaining within existing approved budgets, b) fully costed or c) identified as requiring a feasibility study to be completed
Subject to Urgent Proceedings: No
Making Representations: In writing to the Executive Director, Delivery.
Other reasons / organisations consulted
Meetings and interviews
From NHS Frimley CCG: Director for Mental
Health, Transformation Manager (Mental Health and Learning
Disabilities) Bracknell Forest, Clinical Lead Mental Health, Head
of Berkshire IAPT (Improving Access to Psychological Therapies)
& Mental Health Access Services.
From Bracknell Forest Council: Executive Member Adult Services, Health and Housing, Executive Director: People, Assistant Director: Mental Health & Out of Hours Consultant in Public Health, Development Manager Mental Health, Social Prescriber.
Interim Chief Executive Officer – Involve, local third sector providers of mental care support, users of primary care and third sector support, Overview and Scrutiny Commission
Contact: Kevin Gibbs, Executive Director: Delivery Email: email@example.com.
Report author: Kevin Gibbs
Publication date: 26/04/2022
Date of decision: 26/04/2022
Decided at meeting: 26/04/2022 - Executive
Effective from: 05/05/2022