Decision Maker: Executive
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To approve the Blueprint for Joint Working
that sets the direction of travel for exploring joint working
opportunities between BFC and East Berkshire CCG (Clinical
i. the blueprint for joint working between BFC and East Berkshire CCG be agreed.
ii. the contents of the attached blueprint including the potential benefits of
joint working and proposed next steps for implementation be noted. These include to explore the creation of a joint commissioning team and to undertake an appraisal of opportunities to create shared teams.
1. The council and the CCG already have a record of working together successfully and have a number of ongoing joint working priorities underway including the development of the new dementia care facility at Heathlands.
2. Both the Council Plan and the Collaborative Strategic Priorities of the CCG include a range of ambitions to work together effectively including the development of aligned health and care plans and transforming children’s centres into family hubs.
3. The pace of transformational change accelerated by Covid-19 pandemic, along with the impact the pandemic has had on our local communities and the sustainability of health and care partners provides a clear opportunity to reset the scale of our ambitions for joint working.
4. It is expected that there will be a range of benefits for the community, and for both organisations through increased joint working. These include improved accessibility, greater insight into community needs and cost savings.
1. The alternative option would be to continue to work as we are currently. This would include opportunities to continue to work together in the future but would lack the increased emphasis and clarity that the proposed model of joint working will bring.
2. It is considered that if we do not take the opportunity to increase joint working now we will not achieve the level of expected benefits for the community in the coming years.
Reason Key: Affects more than 1 ward;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Financial Impact: No financial impact during this stage
Subject to Urgent Proceedings: No
Making Representations: In writing to the Executive Director of People
Other reasons / organisations consulted
Contact: Thom Wilson, Assistant Director: Commissioning Email: email@example.com Tel: 01344 354142.
Report author: Thom Wilson
Publication date: 20/10/2020
Date of decision: 20/10/2020
Decided at meeting: 20/10/2020 - Executive
Effective from: 28/10/2020