Decision Maker: Executive
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
That the Procurement plan for the
Environmental Monitoring Contract tender is approved. The current
contract has been in place since 2011 and following an extension
granted in 2016 the contract must now be re-tendered.
RECOMMENDED to the Executive Member for the Environment that:
1. The Strategic Procurement Plan for Environmental Monitoring services is approved.
2. Authority is delegated for the contract award decision to the
Executive Director, Delivery and Executive Member for the Environment.
3. The subsequently delegate authority for enacting the permitted contract extension to the Executive Director, Delivery.
1. £181K are required to go to a formal tendering process to ensure value for money and compliance with legislation.
2. The current contract has been in place since 2011 and following an extension
granted in 2016 the contract must now be retendered.
3. This procurement plan was previously agreed by the Executive Member for the Environment on the 29th April 2020 but the contract was further extended due to the impact of the pandemic. As this was some time ago the plan has been updated and is being resubmitted.
There are no alternative options available as there no further extensions available
with the current contract.
Reason Key: Expenditure >£400,000 & Affects more than 1 ward.;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Financial Impact: Comments are contained within the procurement plan
Subject to Urgent Proceedings: No
Making Representations: In writing to the Executive Director: Delivery
Other reasons / organisations consulted
The Public Protection partnership supports the
Council with the environmental monitoring contract and as such
their comments are included within the procurement plan.
Public Protection Partnership
Contact: Damian James, Assistant Director: Contract Services Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01344 355157.
Report author: Damian James
Publication date: 15/03/2022
Date of decision: 15/03/2022
Decided at meeting: 15/03/2022 - Executive
Effective from: 23/03/2022