To receive the Leader’s report on the work of the Executive since the Council meeting held on 16 January 2019.
The Leader of the Council, Councillor Bettison, presented his report on the work of the Executive since that reported at the Council meeting on 16 January 2019. The Executive had met once on 12 February 2019.
The Council noted the Executive decisions detailed in the report. The Leader highlighted the following matters which had been considered by the Executive:
· The business case for the creation of a country park at Horseshoe Lake had been discussed. The Executive had agreed that the business case indicated that the site would be made attractive to a wider range of visitors, and would help the site to be sustainable in the long term. Concerns around traffic at the site would be addressed through the planning application process.
· The Asset Management Plan had been agreed, with a detailed action plan to underpin a five point strategy to maximise the potential use of land and buildings. A mixed commercial portfolio would be maintained.
· Following the opening of the Lexicon, the procurement process for joint ventures for other Council owned sites had begun. The redevelopment of Princess Square and development of The Deck would be particularly key in creating the walking route around the town centre.
· A local list of buildings and structures of architectural or historic interest had been agreed, and this would be a live document maintained locally.
· The Local Development Scheme (LDS) had been agreed, and would be effective from 20 February 2019.