Decision Maker: Executive Member for Children, Young People & Learning
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
For the Executive Member to agree the Term
1. Following consultation with Headteachers and other local authorities the term dates for the academic year 2020/21 attached in Annex 1 of the Executive Director: People’s report (in two formats) is approved.
2. That Tuesday 1 September 2020 be set as an in-service training day for all schools.
1. Term dates are not set nationally.
2. Academies and voluntary aided schools are free to set their own term dates.
3. That the pattern suggested is similar to that which has been set by some of the neighbouring local authorities. The alternative option consulted upon was not in line with neighbouring local authorities.
1. It is a statutory requirement that the local authority set dates for Community and Voluntary Controlled schools.
2. Two options were considered and consulted on with differing holiday breaks at Easter and May half term.
3. Academies and aided schools were copied in and were also invited to comment.
Reason Key: Affects more than 1 ward;
Financial Impact: No financial implications
Subject to Urgent Proceedings: No
Making Representations: In writing to the Executive Director: People
Other reasons / organisations consulted
No consultation required as no changes to
Contact: Lesley Adams, Senior Admissions Officer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01344 354023.
Publication date: 28/03/2019
Date of decision: 28/03/2019
Effective from: 05/04/2019