Decision Maker: Executive Member for Children, Young People & Learning
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To agree the 2019-20 High Needs and Early
Years Block Elements of the Schools Budget, including the operation
of the Early Years Funding Formula for providers and associated
units of resource.
1 That, with regard to the Early Years block element, for the 2019-20 financial year:
1. The total initial Dedicated Schools Grant funded budgets be set at £7.566m.
2. The hourly funding rates paid to providers of the free entitlement for 3 and 4 year-olds be retained at the amounts paid in 2018-19.
3. The hourly funding rate paid to providers of the free entitlement for 2 year-olds be retained at the £5.46 paid in 2018-19.
4 A ring-fence be set on funding allocations received from the government in respect of the Early Years Disability Access Fund and Early Years Pupil Premium to ensure where affordable, all funds are allocated to providers.
2 That, with regard to the High Needs block element and noting an amendment made by the Schools Forum in relation to the Autistic Spectrum Disorder Resource Provision at Garth Hill College, for the 2019/20 financial year:
1. The total initial Dedicated Schools Grant funded budget be set at £15.409m.
2. The £0.144m budget gap that will need to be managed in-year through the change programme be noted.
3. A Minimum Funding Guarantee for Kennel Lane Special school of plus 0.5% be approved, the same amount as for mainstream schools.
To ensure that the 2019-20 Schools Budget is set in accordance with the views of the Executive, schools, the Schools Forum, the funding framework and the anticipated level of resources.
These have been considered during the budget consultation stage and previous reports to the Schools Forum.
Reason Key: Affects more than 1 ward;
Financial Impact: Within anticipated resources
Subject to Urgent Proceedings: No.
Making Representations: In writing to the Executive Director: People
Other reasons / organisations consulted
People Directorate Departmental Management
Team and Schools Forum
Contact: Paul Clark, Finance Business Partner Email: email@example.com Tel: 01344 354054.
Publication date: 21/03/2019
Date of decision: 21/03/2019
Effective from: 29/03/2019